Reader Problems Book Tag!9:57 PM
This was originally created by About To Read over on booktube but I watched Katytastic answering the questions and it really made me want to answer them too as well as forcing you all to do it... So I'm bringing it to the book blogging community!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Well, I do have a to be read jar... but I hardly ever use that unless I'm desperate. I've recently been going off my What's Next? feature but generally I just pick up whatever I'm in the mood for or people have been raving about and got me excited to read.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends, if I'm not loving the story I try to preserver and see if something exciting ends up happening but if it's just I'm not in the mood then I'll put it down and pick it back up a few days later. I occasionally re-shelve books for when I think I might be in the mood but there comes a point where if I haven't picked it back up after a certain amount of time.. I give in.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I've done really well on my goodreads challenge because I didn't set too big of a goal (I do not know how some people do 100, you are reading machines) but I would try and catch up in like the christmas holidays with constant reading I think, because I always make sure holidays are me time and that I have no work for them!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
It can be annoying, especially on the shelves, but sometimes if I've found a book in a series really cheap say like in a charity shop or something, I don't mind if they don't match because if I end up loving the series I'd be willing to put money in to make sure
it matches, but I'm not a big fan of series anyway.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
To be honest, there are two book series I can think of that everyone and I mean everyone loves and I just don't and have yet to find someone that agrees but that may just be because I'm worried I'll get hate for not being a fan so I keep shush.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This never ever happens, I don't cry at books, I'm heartless!
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Like I said series aren't really my thing, I prefer standalones but I tend to just start reading even if I have forgotten because I feel like things will come back to me once I get going.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I actually do feel this way because the books I have loaned out, I have never seen again. So I would probably just say that I've had bad experience with borrowing out books and apologise!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I always read either a short book or a book I'm really looking forward to because I know that it will get me out of it, either that or I watch a lot of booktube videos and read a lot of book blogs, it really gets me in the mood (yes I'm that easily influenced)
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Normally I don't buy many at once unless I spot them on a bargain, I've never preordered a book before either, I'm very patient, I wait to see reviews generally but one day I will take the plunge!
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends how excited I am for them and if I'm currently reading anything, generally I try to keep two books on the go but I suck at it, so if i'm thinking about what to read next and happen to buy a new book and really want to read it... Then I'm gonna read it!
The Book Chapter